What is a Merge Tag?
Merge tags are essentially a piece of code that allows you to include dynamic, unique data in your marketing initiatives. This is particularly helpful if you are creating an auto-campaign or scheduled email at the HQ level but want the language to be oriented to each location when the content is ultimately pushed to franchisees.
For example, let's say you have created an auto-campaign in the HQ account...
This campaign includes an auto-email to target clients who have created a profile in your booking software and encourage them to purchase and/or book.
Instead of pushing this email into each franchisee account and then manually editing the content in each account to reflect that particular franchisee, I can use a merge tag to automatically populate the relevant information in each account!
Ready to create a franchise merge tag? Log into your HQ account to get started!
Creating the Merge Tag in HQ
1. Once logged into the HQ account, navigate to your business name in the top-right > click Settings.
2. In the left-hand menu, navigate to Company Profile.
3. Scroll to the Merge Tags section > click into the Franchise Merge Tags tab.
4. Once in the Franchise Merge Tags tab, click Add new Merge Tag.
5. Fill out the merge tag information.
The Identifier is the merge tag itself (the computer-friendly version.)
The Label is the description of the merge tag (the human-friendly version.)
The Value will not be filled in in the HQ site - this will be inputted in each franchisee account.
6. Click Add to create the merge tag.
7. Click Sync with Franchisees to share it with all of your child accounts.
*Note: You'll have to do this every time a new franchisee is located. It will not override what existing franchisees have in their accounts.
Now, when creating an email in the HQ account, this merge tag will be included on the list of Available Personalizations that can be copied/pasted into your message content.
Adding the Value in Franchisee Accounts
1. Log in to the franchisee account.
2. Navigate to your business name in the top-right > click Settings.
3. In the left-hand menu, navigate to Company Profile.
4. Scroll to the Merge Tags section > click into the Franchise Merge Tags tab.
5. In the Value section, add the data specific to that location.
*Note: Remove https:// from the URL if copying and pasting